четверг, 24 ноября 2011 г.

Heroes of faith – who are they?

Many people on our team have written about Nanny Grace and many more have read about her. For me I can say now that in my Christian walk I met an amazing lady of God who has dedicated her whole life to the Lord and to people.

It blew off my mind to hear all the stories and miracles that Nanny Grace has been in. Persevering spirit, strong faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. All the hardships, obstacles, hunger, cold and other difficulties failed to weaken her determination to fulfill God's purpose.

I often ask myself a question: “Where are present-day heroes of faith who have dedicated their whole life without any reservations to Jesus, laid down everything to His feet?” We sing and we pray about the fire in our hearts, we want to be on fire but sometimes nothing is blazing, we have no warmth to draw people in. I saw a picture once of brothers and sisters at a service in warm overcoats – apparently it was very cold in the church. The inscription read: “ It's better to freeze in the House of the Lord than to burn in Hell”. Why is it that we freeze? What cools off our hearts?

Friends, until we lay down our lives on the alter of the Living God, completely, keeping nothing to ourselves, there will be no fire. I often hear that the time is different today, that people don't want to listen, that it's hard to evangelize... We find tones of reasons to avoid answering to Christ's call that is clear in the Scripture – Go and make disciples of all nations.

I understand that I haven't done everything myself yet – that I'm lazy sometimes, disorganized in some matters but I thank God that He doesn't let my rest or settle like that, He gives me desire to serve and be used as a tool in His hands. This encounter has been a great inspiration and encouragement for me. I want to be changed, I want to act, never stop at what I've achieved but always strive forward forgetting the past.

I believe that God wants to raise heroes of faith in Russia and throughout the world!

Are we ready?

Vladimir P

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий